Visitors

Thursday, July 7, 2016

TRASH DAY.. SEND LETTERS

July 7, 2016
Ego.. ego..  eeeeegooooooooooo...

My dear friend reminded me of our egos today.  If we are engaged and in good communication and the term 'love' means anything at all, then conflict may come along, but Love may conquer all.  Too simple?  Letting go of pain or an imagined slight is an exercise in.. yes..   letting go.   

//

I've put out a call for help with my art project that I'll be completing in the next several days.  I want to include random images of letters of the alphabet.. specific ones.. that will make up text that will be part of an over all sculpture made up of sixteen eight inch cubes with 96 surfaces.  The text will take up one side of the project.  I'm using photos of signage that I find driving around town.

If you are roaming about and see an interesting sign with one of the following letters and would like to participate, please send me a note with the photo attached.  I can do this on my own and planned to, but we had great success with the julyforthproject four years ago with sixty artists participating, so this might be fun, too. 

RTLNEOWIVAH are the remaining needed letters.  Here's a photo of the work in progress.  I will add the letters as soon as I've collected them all.  The entire installation is on a four by four foot table with sixteen eight inch cardboard cubes.  The text is the last element. 
 Other sides of the puzzle will include kanji calligraphy, Braille, Morse Code, a family portrait and a blank side for visitors to draw on with chalk.  Click on this photo for a full sized peek.  
To participate, please send a message to: directortv41 at yahoo

Thanks!
July 7, 2016
michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment