Visitors

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

HOT TO THE TOUCH

July 20, 2016

I am seldom up when the sun crosses in front of my home. Today, the day calls to me.  The screen door is hot to the touch and my neighbor tells me that we are in for more of that extraordinary heat that we had a few weeks ago.  It's bright! 

The passing of Garry Marshall will weigh on me.. weigh on many, many of us.  Garry was 81.  My dear friend, Ken Rugg, is 82 and counting and though his memory is slip sliding away, he remains in pretty good health, the last I heard, up in Northern California. I wish him and his family good health and happiness daily, as I do now for Garry's family and friends and countless fans around the world. It would be nice to be all resolved with folks before they die, or we do.  Anticipating the passing away of others... and, of course, the brevity of our own lives is more upon us as we age.  Gravity and Time.

Right now, in memory, I can hear another friend, a singer/musician, Michael Johnson, on a track from his first album,  There Is A Breeze.  The Jacques Brel tune, Old Folks, fit perfectly with his 'cocktail guitar' and plaintive voice.  Michael and I were in college at the same time. He was a guest on my radio show and went on as a double music major to make a career in music. Brel's Old Folks is sad and prophetic, especially for couples who have found and loved one another.  In love or all alone, that 'old silver clock' tick tocks oh so slow.. and waits for us all.  Tell someone today, with your voice... that you love them.


July 20, 2016
michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment