Visitors

Thursday, July 21, 2016

ASK A FRIEND NICELY

July 21, 2016

I am so sick of all the political rants on Facebook. It is now just too much trouble to delete all the references and fear mongering among my mostly liberal "friends."  Fact is that I have some good acquaintances and if I have a friend in the real world, I would like to hear from them.  I've alluded to being 'in trouble' with someone with whom I would like to be friends. But, misunderstandings and threats make it tough to trust someone whom you thought to be trustworthy.   This will never be specific. 

But, THIS IS:

All the fearmongering about the possibility of the Orange man becoming the President of the United States can only lead to more fear.  By bitching and moaning to the already converted in public, we accomplish nothing.  What it must come down to is getting out the vote. Ad hominem and such accomplishes nothing.   

 All politics is still politics.    It is embarrassing to see Americans behaving like a mob.  We'll see if the Democrats can do better with less spectacle and jingoistic flag waving.  Can reason overcome limbic knee jerk reactionary 'thinking?'  

I will contact at least one person whom I know who may be on that smarmy red, white and blue bandwagon and ask them nicely to not let bigotry and hubris rise to the highest office in the land.  It is my goal to ask at least two friends who are very conservative to please either stay home or vote for Ms Clinton.  To NOT vote for the Orange man.

Of course, the Republic survived GWB.  I used to joke to my conservative friend in Colorado that Donald Duck could be the President and we'd survive, but I had no idea that one person could so embarrass us and turn our country into what the past eight years have striven to fix.  

Please write to your conservative friends.  Call them on the phone? Speak to them in person. This is important. Simply ask them to not vote for the Orange Man and to please pass the request on.   If I tell two friends and they tell two friends.. well, you get the picture.  If this campaign of fear  succeeds, we may have a very different United States.  Not a happy thought.

Darn it.  Darn it!

// 
There is a giant truck with a load of sod sitting in front of my neighbor's house.  Sod? In a drought? 
Entitled?  Wow.

July 21, 2016
michaelsheehan


No comments:

Post a Comment