Visitors

Thursday, October 13, 2016

SMILING AT THE GALLOWS

October 13, 2013
In my dream..  Something about selling a thing with jewels for less than it was probably worth? And, deciding to drive towards California on what have been a motorcycle.  Passing a big old semi on the right easily, we come to a steep hill on the right and an easier hill on the left.  Reaching the top of the hill is a too clean group of men. One has tossed a heavy rope over a sturdy branch and as I stop to ask myself if I want to witness a hanging, I note the kid .. blonde and smiling: relaxed as the noose if placed over his head.  It's like  Knott's Berry Farm skit, but the beatific attitude of the boy is puzzling. Indeed the whole scene is jovial.   Hmmm. 

///
 This is the palm tree that is barely visible in the daily photos that I've been taking for the past 296 days.  Today, I wanted to pay homage to it. There ya go.  In seventy days, this project will end.

//

Dreams and days and day dreams and Hollywood? Who knows Eve Babitz?  No one knows? 

//
Marilyn Monroe was paid $500 for a one week guarantee for her role, Miss Casswell, in All About Eve.  The film came out in 1951.  $500.00 in 1951 had the buying power of almost $5,000.00! 
///
Rudyard Kipling created an exercise in his book, Kim, that challenged the boy to be observant.  These photos made me think of Kim. 









Manipulating photos here is difficult. Ideally, these peanut M & Ms would  be right next to each other.

Another exercise that I learned from good old Chuck Holmes, my junior high school teacher, invites viewers to get close to the monitor and cross the eyes and bring the two images together in the middle space for a 3D effect.  Actually the 'art' of these two photos is taking time to see if they are really the same photo. 

// 
There's a ripple in the world of art because Bob Dylan has won the Nobel Prize for Literature.  One artist I like a lot has been critical.  I think it's great!  This guy is a phenomenon and World Recognition seems appropriate to me.  His poetry, especially when read, is prophetic.  And, he's a welder!   

October 13, 2016
michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment