Visitors

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

PAYPAL FIXED IT

October 4, 2016

I love it when we get a few clouds over the other side of Adams Hill!  

I had an issue with a non-purchase on ebay, but their checks and balances fixed it. Nice to feel protected in the cyber world! Thanks to Paypal and Ebay.  
Reading Eve Babitz's "Eve's Hollywood" is at once being steeped in the innocence of youth through the eyes of a wise child.  I am not engaged intellectually, rather emotionally and  find her writing 'flowy' and personal in a way that is both intelligent and naive.  Eve is a child of Hollywood whom I only recently discovered.  I've heard that she, now in her seventies, is reclusive.  One gets the feeling of Rebel Without a Cause: leather jackets and pony tails that I always go back to when I head up into Griffith Park and the Observatory.  The driveway where the knife fight took place looks just the same.

///
Gavin Newsom is stumping big time for CA Prop 63.  His inundation of emails has become annoying, though I do support the proposition, I'm finding that being constantly harangued has become tiresome.   The proposition will require background checks for some ammunition purchases.  I've advocated for checks on ammo for a long time and it seems to me that any way to track quantities of ammo sales just puts folks on notice.  The only way to really stem gun violence, of course, is to stem the bullets.  Now that the cat's out of the bag and shooters can be seen exiting gun shows with tons, literally TONS, of ammunition, the arsenals of people who are ready for war will be tough to track.  

With the USA blowing up in our faces... almost literally..  This election may head us down the slippery slope to eradication.  Maybe the gun nuts will hunker in their bunkers to the last man and the last bullet?  (Can you hear Charlton Heston shout "Out of my Cold Dead Hands!??")  My hope is that somehow reason will rear its level head and we might take a step back from the edge in time save the nation and the world.  Blah blah blah.. 

Now I'm hearing Barry McGuire's voice.. 
"The eastern world it tis explodin', / Violence flarin', bullets loadin', / You're old enough to kill but not for votin', / You don't believe in war, but what's that gun you're totin',…"

Gosh.. over fifty years ago!  

Was it Paul Newman who said the nuclear state of the world is like folks up to their waists in an ocean of gasoline playing with matches? 

Have some pie.  Rhubarb pie!? Off to Knott's Berry Farm?  Remember Mrs. Knott's Strawberry Rhubarb Pie?  That was back when a trip to Ghost Town was free? 

October 4, 2016
michaelsheehan 

No comments:

Post a Comment