Visitors

Saturday, October 22, 2016

GOOD DAY

October 21, 2016

What about potassium? 
  
October 21, 2016
Michael sheehan

Addenda:

 
I was going for  Edward Hopper  here. Artwalk at The Brewery.  Don't know how to put the two images side by side. Oh well..  I like the contrast of the dark and the shifted images in the lighted studio.

Eugenia's Studio // The Brewery  Los Angeles
 
This is the space where Eugenia Butler lived and worked for several years.   She was one of the most inventive and original people I've ever met. When I walked into the studio, there was no one there.  Then, a warm voice, "Welcome to the studio..." I'd fallen for the art there before falling for the artist.  When we lost her in 2008, she left a huge gap in the art community here in LA. Her ideas inspired a multitude of artists, carrying on her mother's legacy and carried on today by Corozon Del Sol, her daughter.  It's always a bit nostalgic to walk by the space where I met Eugenia.   

The Brewery Art Walk was buzzing today.  Somehow, the creativity I used to feel there was lacking.  Llyn Foulkes' Church of Art was not open. (I'd hoped to share my dulcimer with him today.. nope..) One guy had some interesting tapestries printed on silk/cotton fabric that was like gossamer. I was not much interested in the designs but the technique was really fascinating. Machine printed: about 4' x 8'..   I've seen photo blankets advertised for $45.00.  Hmmmm.

I noticed a big wet spot by the door of my VW bus when I left the event.  Someone.. or something? had peed on my left front wheel!  The nerve! hah.

endofaddenda
ms

No comments:

Post a Comment