Visitors

Friday, October 14, 2016

ROCHESTER!

October 14, 2016

I love it that folks I know.. and maybe some I don't, read this stuff.  Watching TV as I field emails, respond..  make comments on FB.. whatever is on TV keeps me company.  I'm influenced.  Today, Jack Benny's sidekick, Rochester, showed up on Adam 12.  TV in the late sixties and into the seventies often cast actors who had had a time in the spotlight but may have faded. It's just a pleasure to see their faces.  Adam 12 and its predecessor Dragnet often used the same actors in different roles and some from Dragnet, notably, Kent McCord, were bumped up. Kent had a featured role on Dragnet and then landed his seven year stint as Officer Jim Reed.

I was pleased and surprised that my lauding the award of the Nobel Prize for Literature to Bob Dylan got comments on FB.  I still have not figured out how to invite  "followers" on this site.  My main goal is to collect these 366 images and then do something with them.  Writing every day is probably a good exercise, though. 
 ///
I read today that Teddy Roosevelt was shot by a crazy guy when he was on the campaign trail, asked the guy who shot him why he did it and then went on to make a speech! He credited  the fifty page speech he had in his coat pocket for saving his life! I wonder if an iPhone with fifty pages of text has saved someone's life yet?  

///

Helen Mirren called herself 'very old' last night in a brilliant Q and A after a screening of her movie Eye in the Sky.  At the age of 71, the woman is a fox!  May every woman embrace age the way she does!  I also met a gorgeous actress while standing in line for the screening who said she was 79.  She was a show girl in Havana pre Castro!  Bring on the foxes! 

michael sheehan
October 14, 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment