Visitors

Friday, October 28, 2016

JURY SERVICE II


October 28, 2016
Wow..  this is the first image from my porch with a bird!  Thanks to the avian community for supporting art! 

///

The threat to fine me $1,500.00 for failure to respond to a jury summons came from Darrel Mahood, Director Jury Services Division.  Here's his email address: dmahood@lasuperiorcourt.org

 The following link  was written by a very educated person and goes on for a while.  I have not vetted the citations in this long post, but the reasoning works for me.  The last line in this post references the 13th Amendment.  It is very clear:

"13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Abolition of Slavery (1865) Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."
 

////
Had I not been in a situation where the police had actually attempted to frame me and had I not been mistreated by the court system in the past, my attitude might be a little more cooperative.

I have written  to Darrel Mahood asking to be excused from jury service. I'll expand on my experience as the drama unfolds.
 //
October 28, 2016
michaelsheehan


No comments:

Post a Comment