Visitors

Thursday, September 22, 2016

STUDENT OSCARS!

September 22, 2016

The Student Academy Awards are presented tonight.  Off to Beverly Hills soon.

 A few years ago I attended the awards and found myself sitting next to a mens' chorus of Norwegians who had come to support a student director nominee, Hallvar Witzø.  One of the singers was Hallvar's uncle.  They were all in tuxedos.  The Norwegians had been featured in Witzo's film, Tuba Atlantic.   The film won best live action short film. When the director came on stage to accept his Student Oscar, he introduced his uncle and the whole chorus sitting right next to me stood up and sang their song from the film, Anchors Aweigh!  The audience was astonished!  As I was! Their voices literally vibrated through the whole theater.  It was wonderful. I hope this director has gone on to make feature films. Seeing new filmmakers is always a surprise and often a real pleasure.  Tuba Atlantic is a very well done movie!   

///

I am still in trouble.  The tunnel is dark. 

Autumnal Equinox.. 

September 22, 2016
michael sheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment