Visitors

Sunday, September 25, 2016

INCHES FROM DEATH!

September 25, 2016

Pretty dramatic Subject line!  But.. it's true.  Just before pulling out of my driveway yesterday on the way to the LAMAG to pick up my artwork, an old Mercedes Benz station wagon came down the street at a fairly high rate of speed.  The woman was on her cell phone and not paying any attention at all to the road.  We have a very narrow street with folks walking dogs or just themselves.  Wow!

I wonder if this young woman will have to kill someone.. or maim them?..  to get it that paying attention while driving is a good idea.  Had I been walking across the street as I often do without really looking as we have so little traffic here (my bad!) chances are that I'd have only been badly hurt.  What kind of damage can a MB station wagon to do someone at 25mph?

///

It's been a terrific day, though.  My artwork is retrieved. 
4' x 4' plywood, metal table and stuff
Drove from Hollywood to Spacious North Glendale for the Brand 44 Works on Paper in the evening.  New gallery configurations and a nicely juried show by Laddie John Dill.  It'll be up for about a month.  The works are for sale. Saw some old friends and made some new ones.  

Lola Ramona has a beauty of a piece in the show. "Eggs" (with unicorn).. she works in charcoal and I have been a fan of her work for a long time. 

Leslie and her Unicorn  
 
 September 25, 2016
michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment