Visitors

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

CHILLY MORNING

September 14, 2016
The serendipity of art? 

Several years ago I splurged and bought an Annual Pass that allowed me to visit both Disneyland and California Adventure in Anaheim.  It was Disneyland that brought me to Anaheim and it was Who Wants to be a Millionaire that I was most interested in at the time I had the annual pass.  The rule was that one could be a 'winner' at the California Adventure version of "Millionaire" only one time a month. For the year that I was able to come to the parks whenever I wanted to, I never won the big prize of a groovy leather jacket and a cruise on the Disney cruise ship.  When I'd visit the park to hit every hourly edition of the Millionaire show, I'd run around what used to be the parking lot for Disneyland: Michael Eisner's attempt to be as imaginative as Walt was.  It was mostly concrete and hot and treeless in those early days of CalAd. The far back area used to be orange groves! 
The huge Ferris Wheel affords a wonderful panoramic view of not only the new park, but Disneyland and also across Katella Avenue where I had lived when working in Disneyland.  This shot of the Wheel is a favorite. 
My last memory of being in the parking lot, well before Eisner paved it over is a bittersweet memory. 

September 14, 2016
michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment