Visitors

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

DREAMLOVR

September 7, 2016

"I awoke this morning to find that the room was you, the darkness one we had shared and lying there in your velvet cloak, the windowsill became your thighs and I, the sun, rising over them in the mellifluousness of you with my sun dance.. " (sic)
////
When I awakened this morning, a dream that included Mason Williams' poem above was with me.  In my dream I can't recall what the occasion was for my reciting this poem of Mason's .  Where ever it was, I realized as I started, in my dream, to recite the poem for an audience that included President Obama!!. that I did not remember the poem precisely. In fact writing it from memory just now, I don't think I have it exactly right.. but in my dream this morning, I did what any of us might do.. I improvised at the end with something like " to know how very much I love you..." and the audience loved it! My ego soared!  The President was smiling and doing that thing I've seen black kids do to 'applaud'  by waving a happy fist in the air.  Not an angry fist.. but more of a right on closed hand, a you go on hand that is not exactly a wave, but just a yes wave an I agree wave.. a friendly enthusiastic Yes.

The President was smiling and doing that wave thing and as I awakened, it was too early to get up... so I tried to get it back, remember it... but all there was was the memory of my dream, not the dream itself. Now, I was about half awake and not going back to sleep,  So.. I took a book close to the top of my stack of bedside books "Boneless Roast" an obscure collection of Mason Williams' writings, hoping that the title of the poem that starts "I awoke this morning to find that the room was you.." but it's not in Boneless Roast.  I have the Mason Williams Reading Matter somewhere in this house, where I'll probably find it...  but it's not within reach, so before I forgot the dream, I decided to just write all that I can remember down here and if I remember later, I'll find that poem and the title and refresh my memory again.  But, it was really nice to feel appreciated for my recitation even if I did improvise the last line or two of Mason's poem.  There was an actual physical feeling to getting to the last part and knowing I had to improvise. It felt good.
And, then.  as all dreams do.. it started to fade. 

michaelsheehan
September 7, 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment