Visitors

Friday, August 26, 2016

WRACK AND RUIN

August 26, 2016

Losing a life time hero.. dismissing a hero.. I imagine is like a divorce.  He had been divorced two times.  sad news.  Feeling terrible about dismissal is equal to the feeling of indifference from this old pal.  Damned if you go on. Damned if you just quit. 

I still don't know how to change this site to allow for followers and that's a little sad. I'd love to see who reads this stuff.  "Computer challenged" is an excuse that my old pal used for not doing email. The real reason is that some of us are into communicating and some are not.  It's a fool's errand to try to make others better at communication if they don't want to, or just can't.   

I need help.  Good communication is helpful.  To ignore or to be indifferent to others is not helpful and is, in its way, just mean. 

I'll probably continue to attempt to reach out a bit, but not so much as in the past.   

My day is often narrated by old time TV.  Seeing folks I've met or spent time with is a trip. Aneta Corsault plays Martin Milner's girlfriend on Adam 12.  She lived just off of Laurel Canyon, north of Ventura Blvd.  A very short story.  Chatting with Kent McCord for half an hour on the phone as he tried to convince me of his stand on some SAG business is another memory. The two of them in the same scene.   Kris Harmon, Mark Harmon's (!! edit, edit, edit..)  SISTER!! is a lovely woman who was a casting director for a while.  Drama ensued later. Always loved seeing her.  I also love seeing the old cars on this show.

A true friend of mine points up that we cannot change others.  True communication has to do with accord.  If we can't change one another, the best we can do is define common ground and find a way to meet there.  If other folks are not willing to do that, then, sadly..  Whatever direction we need to go, there we go.  I'm willing to meet with anyone, but am less likely to call the meeting these days.  I've tried to get my friend who has abandoned our friendship to tell me a specific time to make a call to talk.  "Any time" is not a specific time.  Our last call got me hung up on.  That speaks volumes.  Life goes on.  Ouch!

Yep.. sad days.  growing shorter.  

August 26, 2016
michaelsheehan

 

1 comment:

  1. I read..some days not but then I catch up.
    Can we call it giving if we expect something in return? I suppose that many transactions are made with an expectation of receiving something...well at least a reply. A business transaction almost requires something in return. Certain social transactions/communications are set-up in polite society to expect a reply. Sometimes we even receive replies that have no reflection upon the previous communication. Can we call this communication? I don't really think so. We may have a reply as in polite society but it is without a spirit connection. It's obligatory. The True gift or giving is what we do just because we want to share, to love, to extend our self to others. The gift to us is always in the giving. If we feel any lack, then I don't think that we can call it giving. It must be more of a transaction of business or of polite society. These transactions are not meant to be deep because they were created for the gratification of the ego, not the spirit.

    ReplyDelete