Visitors

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

TAROT??

August 3, 2016
I wonder how often we wonder?  I wonder all the time.

The degrees of wondering and finding answers are myriad. Last night, I found this Tarot deck and the layout and just used my own method of laying the cards out.

 For those who know the Tarot, your input would be very interesting and helpful.  The odd thing is that in my current state of mind, this layout seemed to pretty much relate to my current situation. A little spooky but helpful.

I didn't follow the directions! Imagine that!  I just shuffled the cards as long as I wanted to and instead of choosing a 'signifier' to represent me and my current circumstances, I used the first card that wound up on the top of the deck.  I then chose the other cards at random.  

For those who know the Tarot, here's the layout:

Card 1:  Present Position: Justice (Reversed)
Card 2:  Immediate Influences: The Tower
Card 3:  Destiny/Goal:  Ace of Wands
Card 4:  Distant Past: The Hermit
Card 5:  Recent Past: Three of Cups
Card 6:  Future Influences: Queen of Cups
Card 7:  Present Feelings:  Ten of Swords!
Card 8:  Environment/Influences: King of Wands 
Card 9:  Hopes / Fears:  Seven of Cups
Card 10: Final Result/Outcome: King of Swords

I'll be going back to the book to see if I can intuit some of this reading.  In times when answers don't seem to present themselves readily, I'm open to advice and though I may not always take it, I appreciate input.  I've lost touch with my old Faire pal, Dr. Barton Goldsmith, who is an expert in Tarot. If anyone knows him, please pass this link along and say hello.  I don't know if he still sets  up his booth at the Renaissance Faire, but meeting him many years ago led to an formidable life saving connection years later for which I am ever grateful.  Thanks to Julie Taymor, too!!

///

The Open Call opening at LAMAG is in ten days and I'm excited to see all of the eclectic work on display there.  I'm offering a prize to folks who actually find my piece! August 14th! The deal is that you have to find the piece and then find me and claim the prize in person.  Good for the 14th and maybe other days during the run of the show.

Summer is flying by.  It's a beauty of a day here and I hope that where ever you are that your day is filled with neat surprises and good fortune.  

With the personal situation I've mentioned, I'm not out of the woods yet, but!  There may be hope, thanks to the Queen of Cups and the King of Swords?  Are you out there? Do you know who you are??

michaelsheehan
August 3, 2016
Happy Birthday, Hawk Gal!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment