Visitors

Sunday, August 7, 2016

SURVIVED!

August 7, 2016

My neighbor says that the trees there to the right may be getting some trimming soon.  The whole complexion of this project will be interesting, if that happens.  

A drive behind the Orange Curtain was a long one yesterday, but I came away with some nostalgic memories as I drove down the Santa Ana Freeway and saw the Matterhorn rising between high rises there to the west.  I have such great memories of the mountain and the Park.  When I first saw The Matterhorn, it was from Katella Avenue when I was circumnavigating Disneyland trying to find out how to get a job there.  The mountain literally looked like it was growing out of an orange grove. My '49 DeSoto convertible is sadly missed. 

I lucked into a gross of pink pigs and a gross of yellow duckies and a "moo can" yesterday at one of my favorite stores: US Toys.  They cater to teachers with all kinds of stuff that ranges from teaching aids to toys. I resisted a dozen soft soccer balls (the size of soft balls) for five bucks.  Now that I think on it, it might have been fun to have artists autograph them at the Open Call next Sunday. Darn..  August 14th at 2PM.  If you can weather a bunch of Pokemon Go seekers and over 300 artists and their friends, come to Hollywood and enjoy a really eclectic show. Parking that day will be a challenge. The show will be up Thursdays through Sundays from Noon to Five until September 18th.  I'd love to sell my piece! Make me an offer!  Find it in the show and win a prize! (You have to find me at the show and convince me that you have, indeed.. found it.)

I sometimes forget that folks read this journal. It's mostly for me to partner with the photos from the Porch.. the Porch Project.. In chatting with friends at the movies on Friday, it was nice to know that these ideas are floating through the phosphors and may be interesting to others.

Lunch with The Hawk and seeing her production of her play at the Calvary Church in Tustin was fun.  For toys:  US Toys on Garden Grove Boulevard.  

Slow down, summer!!!  But, get the danged election over with!! Hurry up! 

August 7, 2016
michael sheehan 

PS  Belgian petanque tournament at Rancho Park next Saturday, August 13th!  Yay.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment