Visitors

Monday, August 22, 2016

CONNIE SWANSON'S BIRTHDAY

August 22, 2016

I am a nostalgic.  It rears its head from time to time and today, though I am not 100% sure today is really Connie Swanson's birthday, it's the date that comes to mind.  I met Connie in Disneyland and she helped spin me into an ethical dilemma that eventually worked itself out.  Happy Birthday, CJS. 

I wonder if in the future I read these posts if I'll remember the references that are, like this last one, so obscure.  What ethical dilemma, me?   Religion.. that one! Okay?

// 

I was disappointed in the play I saw Saturday night. Evidently, it started out as a quick moving full length one act.  Unfortunately, it became a two act play: too long and moving slowly.

///
Dick Cavett: at the age of 33 in 1969 with Dr. Edward Teller (father of the hydrogen bomb) and philosopher Paul Weiss discuss ethics. The fascinating thing is how old Teller looks to me at his age of sixty and Weiss at "only" seventy.  Teller's Austrian accent adds power.  Weiss, the philospher, has a more subtle strength.  What a show that might be.  At the time Weiss had been dismissed from a university position for being too old! 

Teller lobbies for open sharing of information to make a better world.  Forty seven years ago! To see to giants of thinking discuss ethics is fascinating. 

Cavett tries to insert provocative questions.  Often he is overridden by his guests (as he was with Groucho the other day) and it's charming! 

Robocall Number two.. heart racing.. swearing at the robot's mistress! Arrrg. 

August 22, 2016
michaelsheehan


 


No comments:

Post a Comment