Visitors

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

WEDNESDAY 1/20/16

January 20, 2016

Late report.  Busy day.  Dentist! AAA!! Hey!

Found Woody Allen's 1973 SLEEPER on THIS TV just now.  We have several sub channels here that are showing classic TV shows and classic movies, too.  If you don't consider early Woody Allen 'classic..'  Cancel your subscription!  The beauty of  Allen's work, to me, is that his voice is booming in every scene. Not the voice from his body, but the writing.  SLEEPER is just silly, of course and that's the appeal for me.  The classic scene in the Bronson Caves where he and Diane Keaton find a rusty old VW bug that starts on the first turn makes me laugh every time.  Sad thing is that later the car goes over a cliff.  What a prize it would be today. 

My friend, Ken Rugg's, birthday is on Friday.  I miss seeing him like anything.  He'll be 82.  We used to celebrate each other's birthdays with our friend, Linda, the Hawkgal.  Since he's been relocated up to Marin County, she and I try to have lunch or dinner in his honor down here.  There's more to this story that I may report one day.  Rugg was one of those incredible guys who inspired hundreds of students as a college professor.  We did childrens' theatre: Merrie Masquers together for two years.  He introduced me to the mountain dulcimer through CapriTaurus: his brothers: Howard and Michael.  Changed my life forever.  Ditto with The Company Theatre so long ago.  Great people.  Great adventures. Good Times...

January 20, 2016
michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment