Visitors

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

WEDNESDAY 1/13

January 13, 2016
I wrote this last night after the State of the Union Address.  Almost didn't find the draft!  But, here are a few comments about what I saw:
 
It's hard to resist commenting on the guy in the red tie in tonight's State of the Union Address that showed me what a fine person our President is.  I so resist politics, but this is beyond politics and I need to mention 'tone.'  We all have a tone that is dictated by our essential persona. It's tone of voice. It is posture and body language. It is eye contact. It is being present. It is being respectful. It is the essence of each of us as individuals as well as the extended 'family' we may choose to be a part of.. via any part of life:  blood, neighbors, colleagues, acquaintances, K Mart shoppers.. or Neiman-Marcus? Or McDonald's or Trader Joe's?  The list is pretty much endless.  The vibe in each of these situations ebbs and flows.

Watching that man sitting behind the President last night was disturbing. In his red tie  deliberately dismissing the President with his blank expression spoke volumes about him and his ilk.  It was the  equivalent of a jerk standing behind another person and making faces to mock them.  President Obama's call to action is a call that is hard for most of us to imagine.  The Occupy Movement and the marches in the sixties and seventies are difficult to organize. And, what good they do may take time for the ripples to reach proportions that will make a change or help our country.  I don't know how to do that.  It's frightening to think that people like the guy in the red tie really and truly believe that their answers will work.  I could not watch the South Carolina woman for more than a minute.  "TONE!?".. Her inability to read from the teleprompter; her lockjawed rhetoric; her deer in the headlights stare literally made me just escape.  It's been said that one cannot make war on an ideology.  And, that may be what the United States is up against in these dark days looming before us.  

Listen to the tone of those aspire to lead our country.  Their words may say one thing, but their presentation is undeniable.   Feel the 'tone' of this: my observation.  Some may find it offensive. Not my intention.  Some may find it informative.  It's just my point of view. I sometimes take it for granted that what I've observed and understand.. or think I do.. is understood by everyone.  Of course, that's silly. Naive.  Yes.. that's me. I'm naive enough to think that common sense might prevail. 

Of course, Love is the Answer.  Love is the Opening Door.  Do you know what I mean?

January 13, 2016
michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment