Visitors

Thursday, January 7, 2016

THURSDAY SUNSHINE

Thursday, January 7, 2016 10AM

1/7/16  2:20 PM  (The gorilla's coming back!)

Angie Dickenson and Dick VanDyke on the tube (do flat screens even have tubes?) in Some Kind of a Nut.  Dick has a beard!  Unacceptable!! Angie is gorgeous.  I congratulate myself for having had a close encounter with her.  Gosh..  Howard Hessman has a bit as a hippie bartender. Beginnings.

There are endings today. Sadly, Pat Harrington, Jr. has died. He was 86.  I met him in the seventies when helping to develop a new game show with Mark Goodson.  hah.. big help I was.. I remember running into Goodson's office as a 'contestant' for the game show Show Offs. Pat was running in front of me and he stopped. I plowed right into him.  I piss and moan when folks use experiences like that when another person has posted about a celebrity or such on Facebook to tout their own experience. Hopefully, this is not exactly like that.  Pat was down to earth and generous as I helped him up.  

Another friend, KPCC Morning Man,  Steve Julian, is in a serious medical situation.  His wife, Felicia Friesema, is caring for him and almost daily she eloquently reports on the latest with her husband.  It's complicated.  I only know Steve a little. We had lunch and a good talk one time. We had tentatively scheduled another one.  His brain tumor has taken precedence.  Felicia reports that his Final Directive says "no intubation."  The consequences may be dire.  He is not an 'old guy.' He's been a cop and an actor and I've seen two of the plays he's written in reading situations. Both are very commendable.  It's a terrible situation.

I go back and forth with my personal beliefs about prayer.  Sending "good thoughts or good vibes" into the Universe seems like a good idea to me.  It makes me feel in touch with folks I care about and love.  My daily 'rotation' is mostly for me.  I like to just think about people I care about. 

Religion is a problem for me, but the energies of the Universe seem real to me and even if the  'good vibes' are just personal, I like to do it. 
Condolences to the family of Pat Harrington. Good vibes to Steve and Felicia and here's to more sunshine that follows the rain. 

btw.. I have a connection for free tickets to the upcoming LA Art Show the last weekend of January.  Please email me if you want the link. 

michaelsheehan
january 7, 2016
glendale, california



No comments:

Post a Comment