Visitors

Friday, January 29, 2016

FRIDAY! ART!! WHAT HAPPENED TO JANUARY?

January 29, 2016
They.. the weather folk.. say that rain is coming again.  Time to cover up the bus and hope the mad drivers will stay home on Sunday.   

Last night the Hawk gal and I had dinner at Dal Rae in Pico Rivera to honor our old friend, Ken Rugg.  Old Hollywood lives in Pico Rivera! Great service and great food served by Dawn.  A treat.  Linda received an Award of Merit.  She is a supportive and kind woman who always has the best interests of others at heart.  She is a generous lady!

When I called Rugg later last evening (Linda and I had tried and not gotten through right after dinner) he was playing Scrabble up in Inverness with his daughter, Shelley Rugg.  He sounded engaged and happy.  He recognizes my voice and we chat. Brings tears to my eyes.. He just turned 82! 

LA Art Show downtown is a huge undertaking.  Galleries from around the world present their artists.  Parking?  Yikes.. Free tickets! Yes.  Years ago, before the iPhone, I was one of the few videographers around and had the producer of the show wheel me around on a rolling chair to shoot the fair.  I wonder what happened to that 8mm tape? 
The Barker Hanger is full of Contemporary Art in Santa Monica.  Couldn't find free tickets... : o (

The Fremont Centre in South Pas features story telling Sunday at 7:30.  
1000 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA 91030
Tell Jill Remez that I sent you.  Free parking!  

And.. Orson Bean has revived his one person show at the Pacific Resident Theatre.  Review to follow.  

Rain?  Spring? What's next? 
michaelsheehan
January 29, 2016 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment