Visitors

Friday, January 15, 2016

FRIDAY 1/15/16

If I actually make an installation using a year's worth of images from my porch: The Porch Project, I hope it will be as interesting to whomever sees it as it's becoming to me.  I see these images in thumbprints on my desktop and the subtle and sometimes dramatic changes, especially in the sky, are fun.  Developing a whole new perspective and appreciation for where I live.

If you click on the photos, they enlarge a bit, helping with detail.  The auto exposure on this little camera tends to make the shadows deepen, which is okay I guess.  It's the silhouettes that create positive and negative space: the gorilla, the monster and the witch's hat (which is looking more like an Italian Spruce ..  my friend, Lee Arnone, and I used to call them 'rich people trees' because we saw them in the yards of expensive homes) is emerging a little.

I learned a new word today: constellate!  
Love when that happens:
con·stel·late
ˈkänstəlāt/
verb
literary
verb: constellate; 3rd person present: constellates; past tense: constellated; past participle: constellated; gerund or present participle: constellating

form or cause to form into a cluster or group; gather together.


 


Pass it on!


January 15, 2016


michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment