Visitors

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

TUESDAY 1/NINETEEN/SWEET SIXTEEN

January 19, 2016
I usually have the TV on for company when sitting here.  A guy is selling a pillow for twenty bucks that has a sixty day guarantee!  I saw another commercial for a non-stick frying pan that would work, guaranteed!!  for thirty days.   Planned obsolescence!?  Yikes.

Having been taken to task on FB (sorta) by someone who knows Hollywood History better than I do (not really a skill).. I got a bit snarky.  The distance from Sunset to Selma north along Vine is about five hundred feet.  Somewhere in that area DeMille may have shot The Squaw Man. I thought so because years ago when the bank was Home Savings, I saw a plaque that credited the movie at Sunset and Vine.  The historian said that it was at Sunset and Selma!  Of course, the exact GPS location is not all that relevant ... to me! 

I have now been reduced to being snarky to a perfectly nice guy who knows much more about Hollywood History than I.   Sheesh.. 
And, NOW.. I am reduced to watching Crispin Glover and Keanu Reeves in a silly low budget film: River's Edge!  
Ahhh. Hollywood!  
January 19, 2016
michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment