Visitors

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tuesday.. already?

February 16, 2016

Like finding Waldo, these very same days and similar times of the day when I shoot these images make it tough to discern much of a difference.  In the art that I make I like multiple images.  At this point I've made 56 images.  Really grateful for digital photography today.

Several years ago I made a pilgrimage to Colorado and made photos of every home my mother and I had lived in.  I took 35mm photos as well as making Polaroid color transfers.  Often, my work is about the labor and the results are just a record. I wonder if anyone understands that the final result is the product of years.  A lifetime, actually?   Currently, there's a project for Steve and Felicia on my deck wondering when I'll find my way back to it.  I'll pick up materials for it (Felicia's bee's wax) today or tomorrow.  Some of the materials are over ninety years old!  

Antaeus Theatre Company is into a capital campaign and are accepting donations to help bring their company to Glendale.  I will donate and their pitch says that even a dollar will help.  I'll post more information on my review site (onstagelosangeles.blogspot.com) and here.  Antaeus will be a major draw to cultural Glendale.  If all goes well, City Council will find a way to give a break to the company members as well as to theatre goers with parking.  

The TV news says that more rain may be on the way!  Yay.

February 16, 2016
michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment