Visitors

Thursday, February 18, 2016

SEEING CLEARLY?

February 18, 2016

The moisture changes things dramatically. Six hour later I find a lone cloud. 


In the book I'm reading, the mentor is talking about Galileo and Newton and gravity.  Certainly, that colors my take on this daily view. The water in the trees pulls them into new shapes.  This rather abstract view of The Shoe Factory remind me a little of the wonderful artwork of Richard Diebenkorn. Click on photos for full effect. 
 







As I write a rave for The Complete History of America (Abridged), I find that my internet connection is down.  Interesting how ideas change.  I cannot look up the phone number for Charter Internet Provider Service on line.  Oh wait.. I'll get my last exorbitant bill! 

Other stuff.  More theatre this week.  Questions about how friends treat one another... or if they are really friends?  This is prompted by learning what I already know:  I am a helper.  Of course, helping is a good thing, but only if the poor schmuck who seems to need help asks for it!  I learned about listening from a very important friend in my life.  It's hard to just listen and very selfish sometimes to want to interject? A 'conversation' is an exchange.  Listening is not a conversation. I believe that questions and responses are a good thing, but I will now 'listen' to folks who seem to need to just be listened to.

Obscure and silly thoughts to ponder as I wonder if I'll ever be on line again!??  

It is now an hour later.  Kelly in Charter tech support and Tracey in Customer Service are very nice and well trained.  Because they are 21st Century women, they talk at the speed of light, probably because they have said the same speech many, many times.   However!!  I am back on line and this is comforting.


I highly recommend this hoot!  Tell The Falcon Box Office that onstagelosangeles sent you.  No discount, but a feather in my cap?   

February 18, 2016
michaelsheehan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment