Visitors

Monday, February 8, 2016

Broncos Rock. Gung Hay Fat Choy



 February 8, 2016
The Broncos' win will make my dear pal, Duncan Hopwood happy.  I love it that he personalizes his link to the Denver Broncos: "We!"  he says.

It's Chinese New Year. The year of the Monkey.  Another dear friend used to say "Minkie."  It's nice to have little connections that are just silly and somewhat traditional.  

I've already had a dust up with my conservative cousin about some silly cartoons that she posted on Facebook.  More and more I realize that we are all polarized... at least somewhat.. by how we are wired.  I deliberately delete references to orange coiffed politicians on Facebook and switch the channel when just about anything political shows up on TV.  I don't want that stuff invading my space.

As the temperatures rise into the seventies and maybe even the eighties this week here in California, the sky and the shadows on the hillside in my daily photos begin to look the same. Of course, the point is that when they are all lined up, the challenge will be to discover the subtle differences in each shot. 

The "Skin" show at the LA Municipal Art Gallery is one of the best I've seen there in quite some time.  The new director, Isabelle Lutterodt, addresses social issues and the panoply of selected artists is very diverse.  I love the interactive installations and especially the labor intensive work of a long time artist/friend, Holly Tempo. 
Hello.. I'm Holly!









I reviewed a terrific new play, BED, by Sheila Callaghan at the Echo Theater at the Atwater Village Theatre.  Review link below.  We were charmed by the woman: Holly (not Holly Tempo!) played by Kate Morgan Chadwick.  It's an 'adult' play!  Please click on the link below for more information.


Maybe we will have an early spring!  Uh oh.. talking about the weather.. time to close shop for today. 
February 8, 2016
michaelsheehan 

No comments:

Post a Comment