Visitors

Saturday, February 13, 2016

December 2012??

December 2012 Adams Hill
 A little over three years ago, this was the view  from my porch.  The Shoe Factory looks good in close up, eh? The gorilla and the dinosaur are completely different because the camera is zoomed in a bit.
 
Today
February 13, 2016
Three years before I started this  Porch Project I would take photos from time to time from my front porch.  Just found the one above. 
  
Now that film is pretty much a novelty for most of us,  we can just shoot to our heart's content.  I think of Matthew Brady and the many photos he took to document the Civil War and how each plate was precious and expensive!  I still like to take Polaroid photos and they are now almost two dollars each. AND.. every one is an experiment!  
My second image is from today, February 13, 2016. The December 2012 shot was probably taken later in the day and I really liked that big old cloud.
Speaking of old photos.  This is Lyda, my grandmother, at the age of sixteen.  She's a ringer for my cousin, Scott! Or, he's a ringer for her.  This may answer some on going questions!
Ran into an old friend at the DGA last night.  What a shock.  It's nice, though, to reconnect in person.  

The Cohen Brothers are, to me, brilliant directors.  "Hail, Cesar!" is a bit too much of a send up, but the movie some really terrific scenes.  Their take on a Busby Berkeley / Esther Williams spectacular aquababe scene with Scarlett Johansson and a nod to Gene Kelly and tap dancing sailors are both really fun.  In the credits the directors make sure that you know that the Godhead was not portrayed in the film.  Frances McDormand rocks in a tiny scene. 

I hope  you have a Valentine.  

February 13, 2016
michaelsheehan




No comments:

Post a Comment