Visitors

Sunday, February 7, 2016

SUPER SUNDAY! Broncos 21 / Panthers 20 Manning 210 Yards passing


February 7, 2016
I am not a fan of football.  But.. sheesh.. It's Super Sunday!!   There will be terrific commercials and the salty snack and beer folks will be on their way to being in the black.  Yay, Economy! 
There was an LAPD blockade on Los Feliz headed into Glendale last night.  I wonder how many young men with only one eyebrow are in jail this morning?  The cops set up shop about 10PM and back traffic up for about a quarter mile.  It is a welcome trap and getting drunks or wannabe drunks in their expensive cars off the road, if even for one day seems like a good thing to me.  The unhappy part is that it's LAPD and Los Angeles that will reap the rewards of fines and not Glendale. 

The Off Ramp Gallery is closing today.  Jane and Chaz are advocates of new contemporary art and the loss of their space will be felt here.  Their home will revert to home for them, I guess.  A good thing and just a sad moment for local artists who have enjoyed their gallery over the years.  

My prediction for the Big Game in the heading is posted at 11AM / February 7, 2016. My classmate, Jim Rice and his family: Rice's Lucky Clover Honey, have a contest going on Facebook.  The winner gets..  Honey..  Or, as my favorite bear might say: Hunny!  Can you hear Sterling Holloway's voice?   I can. 

So.. I hope the Broncos win, but a big fan who knows football, Duncan Hopwood, says that Denver is an underdog!  All the more reason for Manning and the Orange guys should prevail, sez me.   The real reason, of course, is so that I win the Honey Basket!   :  O )

Why am I now thinking of Jesse White and his small part in HARVEY?  Quantum leaps of memory.  Maybe because HARVEY was written by Mary Chase who lived in Denver? And, Carole Ita White, Jesse's daughter is an old pal? Hmm.

February 7, 2014
michaelsheehan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment