Visitors

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

NO SHADOW IN PA!

FEBRUARY 3, 2016
The Orange Curtain!  
Driving down the Golden State Freeway, even in the middle of the day is an experience.  Just to glimpse the Matterhorn hidden behind  sixty years of foliage and new buildings at Disneyland was worth it.  My time in "The Park" was life changing and wonderful.  This morning I was remembering the girl with the cornflower blue eyes; her tragic discovery, her smile, her love, the Mormons and how things change.  We both dodged a bullet.

Cryptic memories.  

Every now and then I get an idea for a short story and it fades with the opening lines.  I wonder if a story consisting of only opening lines would be interesting?  

The Matterhorn looks just like the mountain I saw in Switzerland many years ago with Mike Cruickshank and Bob Elliott.  When we stopped our '54 VW for a good look, all I could think was that the real thing looked exactly like the mountain I knew personally in Disneyland!

RED by John Logan, currently playing at South Coast Repertory Theatre will be reviewed  today at onstagelosangeles.blogspot.com.  The company that David Emmes and Martin Benson created with Long Beach friends over fifty years ago has blossomed into a Gem. The theatre literally glitters.  

I miss my dear friend, Ken Rugg today.  He was acquainted with the SCR guys. We went to see shows there over time.  I just miss Rugg today.

February 3, 2016
michaelsheehan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment