Visitors

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Shrove Tuesday?

February 9, 2016
I wonder why the horizon in these much the same shots is lighter than the sky higher up?  

I've been unable to figure out how to get signers on to this page.  It makes me happy that a few friends are reading what happens to pop into my head.  I was turned on to this blogger thing by a woman who was a brilliant writer, eloquent wit and really cute, too!  I'd have listed 'cute' first, but didn't want to sound chauvinistic. hah..  Trish Soodik documented her bout with cancer in almost daily entries.  She was one of the original members of The Company Theatre in Los Angeles.  Quite a woman.  Anyway.. we all now have access to her lengthy and heart rending epistles to the phosphors.  Sadly, another dear friend, Andrew Parks, signed on at last to tell us that Trish had died.   I've always thought the letters would be a good book: rambling and personal.  She got a traffic ticket one time on the way to her chemo treatment. She acknowledged a hot dog vendor with sweet words.   She slept with Robert DeNiro! 

To 'shrive' is to make ones self availble to confess to a priest. "Shrove," evidently, is the past tense of shrive which means that maybe you HAVE confessed.  I absolve you of all sins: imagined and venial and the ever popular MORTAL.  Of course, I have no real authority, but it feels nice to just say, "Git on wid yas!"

February 9, 2016
michaelsheehan 

No comments:

Post a Comment