Visitors

Monday, February 1, 2016

GROUNDHOGS UNITE! HAPPY FEBRUARY...

February 1, 2016
The winds are bending the palm trees. The palm trees are bending and the fronds that survived the last wind storm are in the driveway and in the tree. I can see clearly now, the rain has gone..  Johnny Nash.  Had to look him up.  And, the wind comes right behind the raaaaaaaaaaaaaaain.. Rodgers and Hammerstein.. there ya go.  

I always marvel at the links of memory that seem to pop up.  Do our memory banks / hard drives.. have all the rain sequences bundled together?  I was in San Antonio to see the Alamo and went to a zoo.  It was raining buckets.. not drops.. really  drenching buckets.. A woman and her child were getting soaked just outside the shelter a bunch of us had crowded into.  I really should have stepped out and crammed them under the eave!  

Okay.. okay.. I did.  

/////
Fast forward to the first of February 2016.  Just finished my review of Orson Bean's one man show at the Pacific Resident Theatre.  What a treat.

http://onstagelosangeles.blogspot.com/2016/02/safe-at-home-evening-with-orson-bean.html

I guess one has to copy and paste that into your browser to read it.  The man is wonderful. 

Chilly winds and palm fronds are at my door. Off to the OC/ Behind the Orange Curtain! tomorrow for more theatre.  

I don't know how to change this site to allow for followers.  If you are a friend, please email me with the info if you know? 


A slight trip into the past yesterday took me by The Powerhouse Theatre on Second Street in Santa Monica.  Paul Linke and Ree Hay made the old place into a palace for art.  It's rather in shambles now.   
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment