Visitors

Saturday, November 12, 2016

SMALL WONDERS

November 12, 2016

It's been a rough 24 hours.  Divorcing old pals, being divorced by family.  Life goes on. Does it hurt? You bet it hurts.  But, the most important thing is that in this time of severe turbulence many a ship may be tossed and those who survive may be stronger for it.  "Many brave hearts lie asleep in the deep," too.

Brain science is still out on the difference between liberals and conservatives, but one anecdotal study says that the fight or flight part (the amygdala) of more conservative folks' brains  may be just a tad larger than liberal thinking people, accounting for knee jerk reactions and paranoia.   

I've been threatened by a man who calls himself a Christian. His wife would post religious stuff on FB all the time.  I believe in the philosophy of Jesus whether he was the Son of God or not:  Love One Another. It's simple.  Thankfully this guy lives hours away and if he's as intelligent as I think he is, he may relent.. or gosh.. I might get a "good shove!!" 

I pour my thoughts out here mostly for myself.  I'm headed into the stretch with the photo project from the porch and hope that I can just conclude writing these disparate thoughts when the 366 images are completed.   That'll be on December 21st.  Winter Solstice!  

Good things happened today.  I found the image of a happy doggy drawn in the dust of my windshield.   At first I thought that it was a snail or slug that had taken a trip around the glass, but then, when the sun hit it just right, I could see the image of a happy dog!  I think I know who did that for me and in the midst of angst and confusion, it's a welcome reminder that Love IS the answer. 

On Thursday night I sat with a good friend at a special table at The Tam O'Shanter Inn on Los Feliz. It had a plaque that designated it as a favorite table of Walt Disney's.  It was Walt (or Uncle Walt, but never Mister Disney!) who changed my life in a good way, if even indirectly.  Disneyland brought me to Anaheim where I worked for five summers long before the ruin of the perfectly good parking lot by Michael Eisner with his California Adventure.  Lots of pavement and no trees and more pavement and an attempt to rival Magic Mountain or maybe the rides at Knott's.  
  I have great memories of driving east on Katella Avenue for the first time looking for The Park and seeing a Mountain!  A real mountain, rising up beyond a huge grove of orange trees.  The Matterhorn!

For the sad woman who wanted to rub my face in the election, I must forgive her and maybe take back my angry retort.  Back to Jesus.. "forgive them, for they know not what they do?" Gloating is the reflection of an insufficient and wanting person.  To brush it off is a virtue that I may not have quite acquired. 

The idea of lobbying all 538 Electors to try to find "faithless electors" to set this election on its ear may be daunting. But if like minded folks just chose one person and lobbied him/her, it could be a step towards a change.  Please pass this link along:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_electors,_2016 
////

 I have gotten spam from a seemingly legitimate source saying that they have "seen my artwork and want to collaborate."  I responded, asking specific questions and got back what appear to be robot responses.  If you get  hustled by 
 VIDA <support@shopvida.zendesk.com>

 I encourage you to be cautious.

November 11, 2016
Michael Sheehan
 
Chayote 11/12/16
 

No comments:

Post a Comment