Visitors

Monday, November 21, 2016

BLISS

November 21, 2016
Rain!  
My handle for my main email account includes "laotzu"..  Reading The Tao of Pooh.. imagine.. I learned that t'se (sometimes Lao Tzu's name is spelled Lao T'se) .. that t'se translates to 'compassion.' And, in his book, Benjamin Hoff discusses the difference between 'knowledge' and 'wisdom.'   Compassion relates to wisdom. Knowledge relates to 'understanding' but that is thinking oriented.  Think about it. 
It seems that knowledge is highly acclaimed these days, but wisdom? I'm not so sure.  

I've really got nothing today.  Rains and a spooky old pickup, but not old enough to be interesting parked in front of my house..  Art to make and a terrific presentation about Babe Egan and her Hollywood Redheads tonight.  Shopping? Chilly day? I wonder if the heater in the car works?  In the bus.. years ago this time of year I drove from Colorado to California over Loveland Pass with one of those little parabolic propane heaters on my feet.  A lot of good that did! Brrrr. 

The phone rings.. "Hello"  A recording, "This is not a solicitation... blah blah.."  I press One to see what will happen.  A young man's voice, "Hello, how are you?"  Me: "Why, I am fine. How are you?"  Click.

One more pitch for the cast of Hamilton? Write them a snail mail? c/o Richard Rodgers Theater, 226 W 46th street, New York, NY 10036.

And..  if you will follow me into the Valley of Death..  I'll send you the mailing lists of hopefully 'faithless electors.'  Snail mail asking the electors to NOT vote for the orange man.  

November 21, 2016
michaelsheehan
Chayote 11/21/16


No comments:

Post a Comment