Visitors

Thursday, June 16, 2016

TRASH DAY

June 16, 2016

My neighbor has little gatherings at his home now and then.  The other day the red Prius thought that she could park in the driveway where there was no room to park.  Frustrated, she tried to back up, missing a car parked on the street and nailed my brown trash barrel!  As it rocked back and forth, she opted to find an actual parking space down the street.  It's pretty boring reporting when you have to tattle on a woman driver who really didn't know what she was doing.

Moving forward with the art project for the LAMAG has me 'working' on aspects of it almost constantly.  
Family Portrait 32" x 32" x 8" print by  Posterdesigns.com

Awake at Five.. thinking.. reading to distraction..  really cogent and beautifully written reviews in The New Yorker.  I am a fan of Anthony Lane, for sure. 

 I'm really glad that I cancelled the Vanity Fair subscription!  The first issue came with a smelly page that had to be torn out and held at arm's length and tossed into the bush.  Why do people want to read a smelly magazine that is 2/3 ads?  I used to have a friend who liked Vanity Fair and would spend twenty minutes with a sharp knife excising the ads, smelly and just silly.  I was sucked in by a 'bargain' ad that I found in my New Yorker magazine.  They didn't make paying for the subscription easy, so I called to cancel.  The representative offered two more dollars off!  No thank you.

I see 'terror' attack describing the massacre in Orlando at Pulse nightclub.  We use the term 'terror' loosely these days. Is it important to keep the populace in fear.. in terror?  Of course, it's important to put alligators and murder and mayhem in perspective.  Today what folks in the Los Angeles area must take caution of is the impending heat.  It will effect millions of us. Caution in a heat wave is more of a threat than any of the above.  

Stay cool. Hydrate! Hydrate!! Hydrate!!!

michaelsheehan
June 16, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment