Visitors

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

DOUBLE, DOUBLE, TOIL AND TROUBLE

Jeune 28, 2016
Bonjour..  c'est va?  Non?  

Well,  I can relate.  It's a really terrible feeling to be 'in trouble.'  Even worse to be misunderstood .. which, of course, leads to being in trouble.  

If any of us make what is perceived by someone else to be a mistake, should we apologize?  Or, should we attempt to find a way to communicate? I make mistakes all the time.   The only apology I ever expect is from someone who deliberately wants to do harm.  That can happen in the heat of the moment with an unkind word or worse.  What makes us feel the need to hurt other people? Get back at them for perceived slights or error?

I guess this entry is about forgiveness.  Can we forgive other folks whom we care about who have been mean or angry?  Does it matter if we have done something that is perceived as provocative? Do we dismiss other folks without an opportunity to make things right again?  Should we apologize even if the intent was not to be mean or do harm?

A few years ago a good friend ignored my telling him that he was being unreasonably mean.  It was just teasing to him, but I felt really hurt by his abuse.  I don't think he thought he was being mean, even if I kept asking him to lay off.   I'd love to be pals with him again, but requests go begging.. I wouldn't even expect an apology.

Are there some people with whom we just can't be friends for whatever reason?  In my perfect world, we'd all find ways to communicate when the relationship is important.  Alas, divorce happens every day.  That is even more sad than the loss of a friend.  But, even divorced folks find ways back to... at least.. detant?   
Sad Day.. 

June 28, 2016
michaelsheehan


No comments:

Post a Comment