Visitors

Monday, June 20, 2016

SUMMER SOLSTICE 2016

June 20, 2016
My home faces to the rising sun.  As I took this photo earlier this morning, I opened the aluminum screen door which was really hot to the touch. Summer's lease starts today: no foolin'.  

Working on the project for the Open Call at LAMAG yesterday I devoted the whole afternoon to building.. well. installing.. a canopy that will protect the work/installation table from birds and what seem to be tiny droplets of moisture coming from the tree.  After the whole thing was up, I realized that I could have almost doubled the coverage if I'd know what I was doing!  I make this stuff up as I go along, learning as I go.  Might rebuild to get more coverage later.

 It's hard to see the Braille images on the top of this model.  The idea is that this puzzle will be manipulated by visitors to the show to expose the different sides of the blocks.  I've been experimenting with stuff to put inside the blocks to make sounds when they are moved.  It'll all shake out in time for the delivery date in about a month.

Beat the heat.  Happy Summer Solstice! I'm remembering the Dulcimer Gathering at the Summer Solstice Ducimer Festival at Greystone just now.  I really miss the beautiful connection that I made at that show. Ah, the days of diatonic dulcimers. Eschew the six point five!  Really.. please..  pop those suckers out.  

June 20, 2016
michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment