Visitors

Saturday, May 7, 2016

BUT.. IS IT ART?

May 7, 2016

Tomorrow might be my old pal, Jerry Wassemiller's birthday.  Cousin, Jimmy Shaw's is in a couple of weeks and usually we call to say hello and catch up.  It's lots of the time same ole, but to hear his friendly voice is always a pleasure.

The LAMAG Open Call will open for submissions on May 15th.  There are a few restrictions and anyone can submit a piece.  Mine will be a sculpture that may or may not be acceptable.  I'm in a quandary because the theme is 'Play' and my idea is to present an interactive piece that will be within the guidelines: fifteen one foot cubes with "information" on them that can be manipulated to form many different images: photos. Text. other stuff. So far I've half created a model and will work with it today to see how I like it.  I don't know if the work can be sold, but I'd love to recoup my investment which will be a couple of hundred dollars out of pocket.  Time? Hah!  I'm not keeping track of hours and maybe I should?  The show will go up in August, but they want the goods in June! It'll be 5' x 5' x about 30".. fifteen one foot cubes on a 5 x 5' "table."

I just flashed on a much easier and much cheaper piece.  hah.. no.. I'll stick with my block.  Wish me lunch!  

May 7, 2016
michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment