Visitors

Monday, May 2, 2016

BLACK EYE!

May 2, 2016

Dear Taurus..  
I often have my TV set on w/ the sound off to practice lip reading.  The ads for prescription drugs are always a kick because the litany of side effects seem to belie the actual relief one might get from taking them.  Go figger.

The CG content of commercials these days is truly amazing.  I'd guess that more cash is spent on the tech wizards who create these special effects than  to the actors who are now often incidental. 

A Sad Note:
Someone in Glendale has put Ballot Measure "N" on the upcoming election ballot.  If it passes, almost ten percent of the funding for libraries, police and fire protection will be cut.  It astounds me that some folks are so greedy that they don't see the benefit of community reflected in the common good.  I would very much like to know the name of one person who got this measure on the ballot. Put a face to the enemy.  "Enemy" is a strong word, but anyone who wants to diminish the community is not a 'friend.'

Actually, I have a very conservative pal back in Colorado who would take care of all  of that himself.  Of course, when his home caught fire a while back, I think he may have been happy to have the fire department arrive and give his garden hose a hand. 

Chicken soup.  Yes!  
Libraries! Yes... YES, INDEED!!

May 2, 2016
michaelsheehan


1 comment: