Visitors

Thursday, December 8, 2016

WILLIAM BOYETT


December 8, 2016

Sergeant William 'Mac' MacDonald played by William Boyett created the authoritative go-to cop to Adam 12's Milner and McCord, but his billing on the show was often in the after show cast list.  I'm guessing that his agent didn't have the juice to get him proper billing or that he really didn't care.  His character's tough exterior and warm sense of humor adds an air of authenticity to this old show. I often have it on as I trundle through my morning here; documenting the view from my  porch and whatever strikes me as interesting day by day. Bill died at the age of 77, one of those familiar faces who probably greeted folks at the super market with a smile admitting that he was 'that actor' whom they had seen somewhere.  I'd see him now and then on commercial casting calls (no we were not up for the same parts!) and his demeanor was always present and friendly. 

Another friendly guy, Lennie Weinrib, plays the LAPD mechanic in the garage.  We worked together a couple of times. He was a really great guy.  Seeing old pals on TV is a trip.

The Ghost Who Walks is a spectre whom you may or may not be able to see.  Fascinating where I live.The shadow may be a giveaway?
Mystery spectre?   
 What? What? What???  

I have no idea..  (thanks to Mason Williams)
 //
John Glenn dies at the age of 95.  Why do folks say "Rest in Peace?"  It's an automatic euphemism. I don't much like it.   I hope there is some semblance of joy and being that is passing my understanding instead of 'rest.'  We apply our temporal trip upon the other realm and it just seems very silly to me.  Like Mercrutio, do we all become 'grave men?'  I like the idea of beaming all over the place, but a little gravity is what makes this world go round.. hmmm  Any thoughts? Thanks to John Glenn for inspiring millions by his brave service, A Democrat! He comes off very well in the new film Hidden Figures.  It's worth an evening at the movies.
 
December 8, 2016
michael sheehan 

shrinking chaote 12/8/16
 

No comments:

Post a Comment