Visitors

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

THE LONGEST NIGHT/THE SHORTEST DAY/THE MOST HOPE #366

December 21, 2016
This may be a skid to a stop or a California rolling stop for this thing.  It's been 366 days (2016 is a leap year!) since I took the first image from my porch with the intention to document this view for a full year (and a day?)..  

What to do with all these images? What to do with everything?  Thought that I'd have a lot to say about this last day of the autumn and the coming of the winter, but ..  there's rain and big $$ waiting to be spent on my old bus.  No pithy insights. Just a gloomy day and a gloomy movie (Juliette Binoche in Camille Claudel 1915).. which paints a gloomy picture of the last days of a brilliant artist who lived out her life in an institution.  I want to see again the movie with the beautiful  Isabelle Adjani as the troubled Camille.  Ah well.. 

I've been accused of too much 'navegazing' and it's true, I guess.. counting the personal pronouns in all of these posts might render a bunch.  Someone asked about paintings of Adam and Eve and wondered why they had belly buttons? hmm.

Come to think on it.. do all creatures have navels? or just primates? Or?  umbilical cords?  which would presuppose a bellybutton?  Ah.. the silver cord.  I have seen umbilical cords on baby kittens! Mammals? All mammals?

A long day, this shortest day.  but longer day tomorrow and the nights grow shorter.. 

Suggestions for how to display 366 individual images of the view from my porch  are welcome.  directortv41@yahoo

Life goes on and then....

michael sheehan
December 21, 2016  Solstice.   


Chayote CU  12/21/16

No comments:

Post a Comment