Visitors

Monday, December 12, 2016

CONNER, MCCLURE, BERMAN, HERMS, ET AL



December 12, 2016

I have been accused of 'too much navel gazing!' in these daily thoughts.  I think this may have to do with the wiring that we are born with.  Introspection is where I find answers, I think.  And, I have used the word "I" five times in less than a minute!  My critic is might be right!  
Oh well. 
 ////
The artwork of mid 20th Century west coast artists has always inspired me.  The gathering to celebrate some of these people at The Landing Gallery in westerly LA last night was a trip into the past that verified to me what great ideas andart were were happening years ago and continue to happen today.  



Poet Michael McClure
McClure's The Beard poster Such a deal for tickets
 It was a wonderful evening. The staged reading was a trip!

//
With the meeting of the Electoral College looming, this brief exchange from the movie SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE came to mind. Certainly, we have our share of drama these days and with any luck the election will be turned on its ear and something good will happen.  Remembering this scene was a little reassuring.. well..  only a little. It is, of course, the story of almost anyone who has been in the theatre!

Philip Henslowe:
Mr. Fennyman, allow me to explain about the theatre business. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster.
Hugh Fennyman:
So what do we do?
Philip Henslowe:
Nothing. Strangely enough, it all turns out well.
Hugh Fennyman:
How?
Philip Henslowe:
I don't know. It's a mystery.

//
The mystery of how the United States will stay united is a mystery that I have some interest in. Allowing it to unfold is one of the most genuinely frightening things I can remember ... Ever.  

michaelsheehan
December 12, 2016
 Chayote 12/12/16

No comments:

Post a Comment