Visitors

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

KITTIES!

December 7, 2016

I used to have a 'rent-a-kitty.'   Lily was the ward of Eddie, my next door neighbor.  She would come over in the afternoon to help me read the paper.  She had a kink in her tail. Petting her had a hiccup when you got to the end of the petting. She was a warm and welcome pet and the mutual benefits were many.  When we had a big storm.. now years ago... Lily disappeared.  This is a small tribute to Lily:

Tasty Chicken Flavor TEMPTATIONS TV spot. A huge gallery filled with Christmas trees and hanging things and glitter and lights and stuff. Cut to little glass windows with kitties anxiously looking into the gallery. A VO, unsure. THEN.. THEN.. the little windows flip open and a herd of cats is released into the gallery and they all charge like anything and attack the Christmas display.. Chaos and wonder.. THEN.. THEN.. the little windows open again with this cat food in each little cage! The cats immediately stop the chaos and rush back into the cage to get some Temptations.. Brilliant. I might buy some of this stuff even though I don't have a cat! Watch for it!
 ///

With the deadline for sending cards to the electors looming and other stuff crowding my 'to do' list, here I sit extolling the virtues of a cat food commercial.   Each day, I seldom pre-plan what I'm going to write.  It's free form. Some days whatever is on TV catches my attention, like the Temptations spot today.   I wonder if the campaign so late to save the country will have any effect? The coming of the fascists that started with the attacks on 9/11 and the GWB reaction, filling our airports with new technology, making everyone a suspect... and now, the very real fears that creep in to even the most pragmatic of us.  

The best part of the day so far is the kitties! A dozen or more kitties attacking the Christmas ornaments.  

I will send my postcards to the electors in a couple of days.  Still puzzling about whether to decorate them in some way or to let the message just speak for itself.  I've had advice that helps.  Now that one elector has come forward with a brilliant op ed piece in the NY Times, Chris Suprun of Cedar Hill, Texas, my goal has been basically achieved.. to turn one elector, even though he was having second thoughts well before the election.  

Christmas is less than three weeks away. What to do? What to do? 

michaelsheehan
Pearl Harbor Day 
December 7, 2016

Chayote 12/7/16
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment