Visitors

Friday, April 8, 2016

TODAY!

April 8, 2016

April Eighth is the birthday of the woman through whom I found this porch.  We'd gone to a party up the street and when the host asked what was going on with me, I said I was looking for a house.  He said that a home just down the street (litereally.. he lived on a hill!) had been vacant for a while. Imagine that. An actor thinking that he could buy a home?  Actually, it wasn't my thinking at all. I was under the influence of a couple of ongoing jobs ... actual work!... and another friend who was hip to buying and selling real estate.  I was clueless. 

We learned that the owner, whom we affectionately called "King Mable" had been taken to 'the home' by her daughter and had passed away. The house was just out of Probate!  Amazingly, I could make the down payment!  And, here I am today.  I celebrate the birthday of my friend, Lee, and the close of escrow on my home ...  today.  Hooray. 

///

Friends of Steve Julian and Felicia Freisema are following Felicia's journal .   It's an articulate, very sad and very brave account of Steve's final journey.   I am not close to them, but our few meetings have been endearing.  I'm making artwork for them using bee's wax that Felicia has extracted from their bee hives.


///

The gray days are gray.  We need the moisture, of course, but... The gray days are chill and gray. 

April 8, 2016
michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment