Visitors

Friday, April 15, 2016

FORMERLY KNOWN AS TAX DAY?

April 15, 2016

I got a nice note from Jess Duran this morning regarding the provision for petanque terrains in Glendale.  Our local, Palmer Park, is under heavy construction and even though I submitted a proposal for terrains in Glendale parks some time ago, this park may not have gotten the memo.  I was fortunate to learn petanque with Robert Force up in Port Townsend, Washington, last summer and have been lobbying for at least one terrain here in Glendale.  We'll see.  

Winds are kicking up in Southern California, which means that I'll get some exercise cutting up palm fronds. Huge HUGE trees are being toppled and cars crunched.  My complaint: the tarp on the bus has been slightly dislodged.  We are lucky to live here. 

I learned from Bob Bergen that the amazing voice over talent: Frank Welker, a fellow Colorado native, will receive a life time achievement award from the TV Academy. At first I joked that maybe his Voice Print would be immortalized in bronze along side all of the face actors whom we have loved over the years.  Then..  thought.. why not?  The renovation of the TV Academy campus in NoHo is almost complete and I love the idea of honoring more voice talent.  They do it at the Disney Studio, where my friend, Russi Taylor's hand print is in bronze in a courtyard there.  I love the idea of a Voice Print! How to make it happen? When will Voice talent be really appreciated?  Now would be a good time.

When one has to ask for 'permission' to do something, committees come into play and such. Of course, that's the American Way.. but.. I would so like it if I could be like Captain Picard and say, "Make it so!" and it would be made so.  

April 15, 2016
michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment