Visitors

Thursday, April 14, 2016

RALLY ROUND

April 14, 2016 

My day often starts with a look at what folks are writing on Facebook.  As most of my FB 'friends' are left leaning pinkos, as I must be, I know that most posts are preaching to the choir.  

I tend to stay out of the 'splash zone' in politics because what one has to do and say as a politician is deplorable. Telling the 'truth' is often problematic, thus, most of us will say what we think others want to hear, just to get along. This is not just in national politics, but in almost every part of our daily lives. Maybe Mr. Sanders will bring something new to communication for all of us?  Lots of luck!

////

Facebook is mostly about self promotion.  Or, sharing ideas that most of our FB pals already have seen or certainly may agree with.  I post my daily images and my thoughts for the day to create a record mostly of the images that may become art if I can stick to the plan of one photo a day.  Meanwhile, life is ticking away.  I see people glued to their phones as I am stuck to the MacBook... sort of.  I make a point of getting in, getting on and getting out and do not take this stuff with me into the day.

I do like to share stuff about good friends.  No post today about Steve Julian. No news may not be good news. What would 'good' news be? 

////

The really good news is that Shelley Rugg has started a page to share information about her dad, Ken.  I just call him "Rugg."  Meeting this guy changed my life dramatically.  There's much to be said about my connection to Shelley and her family, which may be said later.  Right now, I have come around to being very happy that he is living with her and that she is looking after him as his memory loss is on him.  That's really sad for me because we used to banter and argue and carry on like anything. Now, not so much.  He's 82 and counting.  Certainly, his physical health is better since moving to Inverness and that's good!  Shelley keeps his artistic side cooking by continuing to produce "Ten X Ten." It's an evening of a maximum of ten arts bits: dance, reading, performance, music, clowning... in a maximum of ten minutes each.  Rugg and Shelley started their own version of "Max10" that they participated in at The Electric Lodge in Venice many years ago. It's a great idea.. just try something!  

I hope lots of Rugg's old friends in Long Beach and around the world will check in from time to time. 
 ///
A rally to promote $15.00 an hour minimum wage is currently on in Los Angeles today.  They have some huge balloons bouncing around, making it an 'art event.' Of course, fifteen bucks for workers may mean that your fries at McDonald's will be a little more expensive, but minimum wage workers may actually be able to support themselves? 
At last? 

Into the day. 
April 14, 2016
michaelsheehan





No comments:

Post a Comment