Visitors

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

EMBARASSING...

April 6, 2016
I have no idea who takes time to read these daily notes of mine.  I don't want to embarrass myself or innocent others.  Thus..  I just need to write this out and move on.  It has to do with weird eyebrows. There.  I've said it.  Who knows what prompts other folks to do anything?  

Hah..  Spent a nice lunch with a very good friend yesterday and then... then!!  Got to help another friend assemble a new garden tiller that we got   from a very nice woman on Craig's List!  

////
 
Just saw a video of the governor of Florida, Rick Scott, loudly shamed by a woman in a Florida Starbuck's for his anti-abortion legislation. "You should be ashamed of yourself!"  He tried to defend himself by saying that he had created jobs!  It's great to see one person making a grand statement and driving this guy out of the store with security guys looking nervous! Rick looked pretty nervous, too.    I remain a Luddite vis a vis iPhones with cameras and video and instagrams, and such, but today, I was really pleased that someone recorded this incident.

We often  may put our elected officials on a pedestal too high.   Their feet are made of clay, as  are ours.   That they step up to do the people's will ... or say they will... is one thing.  Then obligations to contributors rear their hoary heads and whose will is actually being served?  

Questions for the ages?  Hah.. 

April 6, 2016
michaelsheehan


 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that gal gave me hope! So very cool someone caught it on camera/phone

    ReplyDelete