Visitors

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

PENSIVE WEDNESDAY

April 13, 2016

Steve Julian's time is near.  His wife's reflections today were very sad and it's a situation over which no one really has much control.  I delivered my  artwork with the bee's wax to their home yesterday.   It's a bit wonky. Found objects with daisies.   I've always liked the simplicity of daisies. Margaritas.  Click on the image for a larger look.

 The rusty iron hoop is not part of the piece, but will become part of something else later on. I love the textures of old stuff.  Rust is about water and air. Two essentials for life.  We all oxidize in time.  

Yesterday, on my way to see old friends to play Petanque in Claremont, Kuro Oni balked. Back to the mechanic's shop I went.   I may need a Kickstarter to get it out of hock!!  I love the Nissan, but in the past thirty days, the radiator has gone kaput and now something else, a crank? that special computers say is broken, too.  An expensive fix and life goes on.  Until it doesn't.

Steve and Felicia's sad journey:  I had only just met Steve a few months before his diagnosis.  I met Felicia at a reading of one of Steve's plays and then, after his diagnosis again at a fund raiser.  She is gracious and probably one of the strongest people I've ever met.  She will survive Steve's death. She's a carpenter and will build things. She will tend the bees and return to her own work. She is creative. She will heal.  The literally hundreds of local friends and maybe thousands who listened to Steve on KPCC in the early mornings are all thinking good thoughts for the both of them. Still, it is their individual journey. Steve's is either just ending or just beginning, depending on one's philosophy.  Felicia will emerge in time and I hope she continues with her writing and her art. 

////

Dark cool days have me all pensive. Kuro Oni will hit the road again.  Life goes on, with or without us.  I'm trying to remember the name of a terrific California artist.. Ah!!!  George Herms...  (that took a while searching the net)  I wanted to credit him for his work and his signature 'L O V E' rubber stamped on each of his works of art.  Love informs my piece for Steve and Felicia.

Love, of course, is the answer. 

April 13, 2016
michaelsheehan
 

1 comment: