Visitors

Monday, April 25, 2016

THE DAY AFTER AND THE DAY BEFORE

April 25, 2016

At last.. a wrong number and not a hang up or a robot from the IRS threatening to sue me.  No home improvement scams. Sadly, not a pal just checking up.  But, a human voice apologizing.  At least it's a good start.

Wading through The Sound and the Fury, Faulkner's prize winning muddle is slow.  That he can manipulate parsing and incomplete sentences and changes of names and still keep me reading is something. 

Tomorrow is the birthday of Sharon Doubiago: a wonderful writer and loopy traveler with half a dozen books or more published, included a huge memoir double dose of My Father's Love which she allowed me to read as she wrote it.   I've lost touch with her. She may still be living in the travel van she got from her mother and writing and writing in an inimitable way.  

Birthdays and death days.  We remember and then over time, forget some of them.  I never heard back from Carolyn, the twelve year old I so loved. Life goes on and then... it doesn't? 

A reminder to true friends.  Steve Julian's widow, Felicia Friesema, will be lumbered with many, many bills.  If you know her or can find her on Facebook, a few bucks would be appreciated.  

Love one another.  

April 25, 2016
michaelsheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment