Visitors

Monday, April 11, 2016

SLOW DOWN, APRIL!!

April 11, 2016
 Up too late last night.  Up early... for me... this AM. 

Those of you who are following Felicia Freisema's chronicle of Steve Julian's issues will know that she is a bee keeper.  I've agreed to exchange a piece of art for her gift of several nice filtered blocks of bee's wax.  My work is not exactly 'encaustic' except that it includes mostly raw wax as opposed to using color and resin to make it more durable.    I like it that this work will change with time. Ephemera ..  we are dust in the wind.. The art show I was fortunate to share with Michael Lewis Miller in 1997 was called Ephemera.  We come and go.  

This piece was a long time coming. I bailed out on the idea a while back and woke up this morning with the decision to find a way to make it work.  It has nothing to do with my former efforts.  

 I futzed with other ideas and finally just used chicken wire to enclose it into this old frame.  Cardboard, test tubes, honey, wire, Trader Joe's Schoolhouse Cookies, bee's wax and ninety year old recycled construction wire:   collage/assemblage/thing.  There will be a flower in the right side test tube on delivery. 

Felicia is amazingly articulate in her writing and her caring for her husband.  The support on Facebook is wonderful and I know that their friends in real life are rallying to do what they can to just let them know that they care. 

///

A car raced up our narrow street way too fast today.  A neighbor whom I really like sometimes walks their dogs off the leash.  The 'what if's' bubble to the surface when a jerk thinks that our street is okay to do the flatlander's speed limit on.  In fact, it may be legal to go over thirty here.  
Ten MPH is about right.  There have never been speed limit signs.  We walk in the middle of the street and chat there.  If I'd been by the street and stepped one step into the street today, I'd have been toast! 

//

Gosh.. It has taken me almost five hours to get this piece of art where it's almost acceptable.  Time to make a delivery. 

///

This just came to me and I do not know why:

Here's to the Dreamers... yes.. dream on.. 

April 11, 2016
michaelsheehan



 

No comments:

Post a Comment