Visitors

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

DECEMBER 30, 2015

wednesday!
The differences in these daily photos is pretty subtle.  My original idea was to try to take one a day at a specific time.  The AM is when these past images were made, but I may try other times of the day to show the dramatic changes that the day brings. 
4PM  December 30, 2015

That gets me a bit philosophical.  The old adage that 'life is tough and then you die' comes to mind. Reading John Irving, you know that some of the characters whom you come to care about are going to 'get it!'  In his Avenue of Miracles, he sets us up with multiple story lines and whacks the characters in different ways.  He was once kind enough to write to me when I wrote to him about an earlier novel that I'd love to see turned into a film.  I had a casting suggestion for the lead character.  Of course, forgetting that it takes many years for a movie project to become a reality, the actor I'd suggested for this particular part is now way past the age where casting him would be remotely possible.  The actor is a relative of a friend.  I met him when he was about fifteen and just beginning his career.  I almost used the term 'inevitable' when referring to what's happened to the kid since.  Rehab.  His puppy quality has long since gone away.  

If a film is ever developed for Avenue of Miracles, it'll be a casting challenge, for sure.  Irving has an Oscar for his adaptation of his own story, The Cider House Rules.  The beauty of his writing, to me, is that the characters he creates and their troubles are seldom simple.  Last I heard, he was working on adapting A Son of the Circus to the big screen.  That'll  be a real casting challenge...  if it ever gets made.  

michaelsheehan
December 30... still 2015

1 comment:

  1. Where is the New Year's Eve post? It is 12:26pm! We have our expectations ya know.

    ReplyDelete