Visitors

Thursday, December 24, 2015

CHRISTMAS EVE DAY

I may have this down now.  This site has been wonky, but usually that is the old Garbage in / Garbage out deal. My fault. 

I had a plan to do a photo a day from my porch here in Glendale at the same time.. noon.. each day for the next year.  The days grow longer and the shadows and the sky will change from moment to moment and I hope that just a daily photo will satisfy whatever this project is becoming.  Sticking the project into this format (One Hundred Days) is just convenient.  Ultimately, I hope to print all 365 photos and mount them chronologically somewhere.  It's all evolving. 

Seeing many Christmas wishes on Facebook is nice.  We send animated cards and emails to folks, the old Christmas Card routine fades. I was never much into that anyway.  Memories of Christmases past come up.  I wrote a letter to Santa when I was about nine.. probably still going along with the whole Santa down the chimney routine, thanking him for past gifts when I lived in Greeley

Introspection and gratitude always align .. for me.. with Christmas.  I'll send a note to the Morden sisters, Joyce and Gail, in a few minutes.  Their families shared so many Christmases with me, they felt like my own family.  Things change. Life goes on. 

Merry Christmas.
Michael Sheehan
12/24/2015

 

No comments:

Post a Comment